New Covid-19 safety measures
We want to reassure you that we will be following all government guidelines, and possibly beyond, to ensure the safety of our clients and team alike.
We appreciate that visiting the salon for most is a time to relax and be indulged and we will still do our utmost to achieve this. Please bear in mind that these changes are necessary and everyone must adhere to them. We ask that you read them carefully so that you are prepared so as to avoid any disappointment on arrival and during your appointment.
- We will ensure social distancing as much as possible and have removed the use of some stations to maximise the distance between clients.
- We will be using the salon space flexibly, creating space for family groups, and rooms for individuals which can be reserved on request.
- Where close proximity cannot be avoided, we have installed sneeze/cough protective screens where necessary e.g and between backwashes and at reception.
- We have installed hand sanitiser pumps at the entrance of the salon and outside of the toilet for clients to use before and after entering. There will also be hand sanitiser located at reception and other areas. Please ensure you use at all times.
- Each client will have their temperature taken on arrival via an infrared thermometer. If anyone’s temperature reads above 37.8C we will unfortunately not be able to proceed with your appointment.
- Each client will receive a gown & towels which have been freshly washed.
- Every team member will be wearing the required PPE including a face visor.
- All surfaces and tools will be disinfected and cleaned between each client with strong antibacterial cleansers and sanitisers.
- Every team member has passed the Barbicide™ course for salon sanitation.
- We have policies in place to ensure the correct disinfecting and sanitising protocols are met throughout the salon.
- The doors and windows to the salon will be left open as much as possible to allow ventilation and airflow.
- All services are by appointment only. Do not visit the salon unless you have an appointment. Until further notice, all clients must register for an appointment via the waitlist. We are unable to accept any walk-ins.
- All clients must ensure their contact details are up to date as we will require this for track and trace, should this be necessary.
- A booking fee may be requested with your booking. This is at the discretion of the salon management team and will be non-refundable.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary bags or coats with you as we will not be able to store them.
- Please come on your own. We will not be able to accommodate any children/friends etc, unless they also have an appointment, as we have no waiting area. Carers or guardians are of course welcome.
- Please do not arrive until your appointment time as we will have no waiting seating available.
- You may be required to wait outside even if you are on time so please be prepared.
- Please try to use contactless payment if possible to reduce contact with the card machine.
- If you are late we may have to regrettably refuse your appointment.
- Please visit the toilet before leaving home for your appointment to try to reduce the use of ours during your visit as much as possible.
- Please do not self-select retail products, allow the team to collect from the shelves for you.
- There will be no magazines available to read, so please bring any reading material with you.
- Please be very honest with us if you feel unwell or if you have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell with any similar symptoms to COVID-19. If this is the case please do not visit the salon and inform us as soon as possible.
- Clients who are shielding are welcome to book appointments after 1 August.
- No drinks service will be available, however, clients may bring drinks in disposable containers.
- Silver citizens appointments will be available on Tuesday’s and Fridays. You’re welcome to book appointments for other days, but the full price will apply.
- We are unable to provide any facial/beard services for men visiting the barbers until further notice.
- We reserve the right to charge for no-show bookings.
- All children must provide their date of birth at the time of booking to ensure the correct service is booked.
- To assist with meeting new health and safety measures, appointments for children under the age of 11 will only be accepted alongside an adult booking as a ‘family service’. Styling will be provided in family rooms where you can be together as a unit.
- Children’s appointments without an accompanying adult booking will be released at a later date.
- Regrettably, we are unable to accept bookings from children who are unable to understand and adhere to instructions on social distancing and our health and safety measures. This decision of the child’s understanding will be that of the parent/guardian, however, a stylist may also refuse a booking for a child e.g. a new client whom we have no experience, or ask them to leave if at any point they do not feel safe.
We planned our price increase to come into effect on 1st April 2020, prior to the COVID-19 outbreak so you will see an increase in our charges when we reopen.
We understand these are difficult times for everyone, however, due to health and safety measures affecting the number of clients we can look after, and other annual increases in costs to the salon, we have no choice but to go ahead with the increase when we reopen.
We understand it has been a long time since your hair was last coloured. Due to the simple fact that we are going to need to use more product to return your hair to former glory, your initial colour service may increase, simply to cover the cost of the additional product and time needed.
We may need additional time to cut & style your hair to return it to your usual style, therefore we will allocate 30 minutes to your first appointment which will be charged accordingly. On your returning visit, the standard prices will apply.