Do I need to wear a face covering in the salon?
From 8 August 2020, clients must wear a face covering in the salon and barbershop. If necessary, we can request a client to remove their face mask for a treatment to be carried out, however, if you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know when you arrive for your appointment. For the majority of the services we provide, you’ll be able to wear a face covering.
The UK Government advices of the following exemptions:
- Children under the age of 11.
- Not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment or disability.
- If putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause the person severe distress.
- If the person is travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate.
- To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others.
- To avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and the person does not have a face covering with them.
- To eat or drink if reasonably necessary.
- To take medication.
- If a police officer or other official asks the person to remove their face covering.
If you rely on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound when communicating with us, you can ask any member of the team to remove their face covering, just let us know.
Please come prepared to your appointment wearing your face covering when you come into the salon and read our most up to date guidance here.
Thanks for your continued support with our health and safety measures.