Visiting the salon during the Coronavirus Pandemic
We want to reassure you that we will be following all government guidelines, and possibly beyond, to ensure the safety of our clients and team alike.
We appreciate that visiting the salon for most is a time to relax and be indulged and we will still do our utmost to achieve this. Please bear in mind that these changes are necessary and everyone must adhere to them. We ask that you read them carefully so that you are prepared so as to avoid any disappointment on arrival and during your appointment.
Be aware that we are located in ‘a Tier 3’ area. The government advice is not to travel in or out of an area when it is categorised as very high alert level.
Remember that all services are by appointment only. Do not visit the salon unless you have an appointment, we ask that you telephone us to make a booking. We are unable to accept any walk-ins.
What you need to do when visiting the salon
- Please do not bring any unnecessary bags or coats with you as we will not be able to store them.
- We require all clients over the age of 11 to wear a face-covering in the salon & barbershop. This is because at times social distancing may be difficult and clients are coming into contact with people that they do not normally meet.
- Please come on your own. We will not be able to accommodate any children/friends etc, unless they also have an appointment, as we have no waiting area.
- Carers or guardians are of course welcome to attend an appointment with children, only 1 adult per 2 children unless there is a genuine care need when using the sensory room.
- It’s important that you do not arrive until your appointment time as we will have no waiting areas available. You may be required to wait outside even if you are on time so please be prepared.
- Please try to use contactless payment if possible to reduce contact with the card machine.
- If you are late we may have to regrettably refuse your appointment.
- Please visit the toilet before leaving home for your appointment to try to reduce the use of ours during your visit as much as possible.
- Please do not self-select retail products, allow the team to collect from the shelves for you.
- There will be no magazines available to read, so please bring any reading material with you.
- Please be very honest with us if you feel unwell or if you have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell with any similar symptoms to COVID-19. If this is the case please do not visit the salon and inform us as soon as possible.
- No drinks service will be available in the salon, however, clients may bring drinks in disposable containers.
- We reserve the right to charge for no-show bookings.
Additional information for parents with children
This guidance must be followed in addition to the information above
- Styling will be provided in ‘family areas’ where families can be together as a unit. These may not always be in Noah’s Ark
- All toys, iPads, books, gaming systems have been removed and the playroom is closed. If you still wish your child to be occupied when they visit the salon, please bring your own items with you.
- Some children may be distressed whilst having their hair cut, resulting in tears and runny noses! We ask parents to be mindful that whilst we can wear PPE and put other measures in place, this increases the risk for stylist working in close proximity to your child. If at any point our team do not feel safe, we will pause the service where we can, or ask you to return on another occasion. It’s also wise to bring tissues if this may be the case and that they are disposed of responsibly.
- Regrettably, we are unable to accept bookings from children who when accompanied by a parent or carer, are still unable to understand and adhere to our health and safety measures. This decision of the child’s ability to adhere to our guidelines will be that of the parent/guardian, however, a stylist may also refuse a booking for a child e.g. a new client whom we have no experience, or pause the service at any point if they do not feel safe.